CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

MA MISSION: GREYHOUNDS!!!!!!!!

Hello, everyone! I am so exited because a certain topic that I fell very strongly about is being voted on in my home state, Massachusetts. Greyhound racing. Now, I know that the topic will obviously be voted against and dog racing will become illegal in MA. But I decided to remind you of the reasons.
Dog racing is cruel. For 23 hours a day the dogs are kept in cages barely large enough to stand up in. The other two hours are dedicated to making them run around a track as fast as they can. See, the horror of this is that greyhounds are bred for speed. Their bodies are built to sprint, but they always have energy. Too much energy to be locked in small cages for so long. Also, this terrible sport does NOTHING for mankind. Merely entertainment. A bunch of cruel men that would probably also enjoy cockfighting (a sport where chickens are set in a ring and are forced to fight until one or both of them die) sit around screaming and gambling. Has gambling really done anything for society??? I think not.
So if you can vote or know people who can in Massachusetts-tell them to vote YES on Question 3!

4 comments:

liltomboyblue11;) said...

My grand parents, who happen to be kinda koo koo, have (i think) 5 grey hounds. A lot of them are rescued from greyhound racing, and they are kinda obssesed. Once they get into something they are in all the way. But I agree all the way, it's just like dog fights. There is an animal planet show on the Michael Vic case.

bloody awful poetry said...

I know greyhound racing is something you've felt strongly about for ages now, and I really hope the voting goes well and it becomes illegal. It's sick, what they do to those animals. It's absolutely disgustingly POINTLESS.

International Mastermind said...

WAHOOO! Now spread the word, peeps!

Fish Poke said...

We should have a petition for that on Blogger.